[comp.sys.atari.st] Making Magic Sac work with 128K ROMs

PETER_BROWN@maw.ceo.dg.COM (07/14/88)

I talked with Data Pacific a few days ago, and they said that they
were working on several things, two of them were...
1) Making Magic Sac work with 128K ROMs.  They said that this was
still in the development stages.
2) A five fold speed up for the Transaltor One.  This was currently
in beta test.

dlm@druhi.ATT.COM (Dan Moore) (07/18/88)

in article <69.012922@adam.DG.COM>, PETER_BROWN@maw.ceo.dg.COM says:
> I talked with Data Pacific a few days ago, and they said that they
> were working on several things, two of them were...
> 1) Making Magic Sac work with 128K ROMs.  They said that this was
> still in the development stages.
> 2) A five fold speed up for the Transaltor One.  This was currently
> in beta test.

	Data Pacific is not working on a 128K ROM version of the Magic
Sac.  Dave Small is working on one but not for Data Pacific.  Data
Pacific's management has not accepted the fact that Dave (and I for that
matter) have left and are not coming back.  They still believe that we
are going to return bringing great and wonderful new programs with us,
so they refer to Dave and my new work as their own.

	There is a new version of the Magic Sac that improves disk
performance.  Version 6.1 increases disk I/O by up to a factor of 10 on
Magic format floppies and on hard disks.  Unfortunately there is no
change in the performance of the Translator One since it is limited by
the bandwidth of the MIDI ports not by software.

	Dan Moore				ex-Data Pacific programmer,
	AT&T Denver				technical support, hardware
	ihnp4!druhi!dlm				tester and general go-fer.

mstreet@crash.cts.com (Michael Street) (07/19/88)

In article <69.012922@adam.DG.COM> PETER_BROWN%MAW.CEO.DG.COM@adam.dg.com writes:
>I talked with Data Pacific a few days ago, and they said that they
>were working on several things, two of them were...
>1) Making Magic Sac work with 128K ROMs.  They said that this was
>still in the development stages.

Not true! I just had dinner with Dave Small (Creator of Magic Sac), who
doesn't work for Data Pacific anymore and he said that he is working on
the 128K ROM version and that it should be ready around Christmas. But it
won't be marketed by Data Pacific but rather by his new company 'Gadgets Inc.'
He is giving this project TOP priority and I, for one, am looking forward to
it with great anticipation.

						Mike

--
UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pnet01!mstreet
ARPA: crash!pnet01!mstreet@nosc.mil

Spock: "They are not the hell your whales."