[comp.sys.atari.st] A C compiler question

frisk@krafla.UUCP (07/12/88)

I am looking for a new C compiler, which can compile programs with more than
64K in static arrays. The one that I have already (Megamax) is unable to do
so.

Does anyone know if some of the other compilers available
(Lattice,MWC,Lazer ...) can handle this.

--
         Fridrik Skulason          University of Iceland
         UUCP  frisk@rhi.uucp      BIX  frisk

     This line intentionally left blank ...................

jeff@polyof.UUCP (A1 jeff giordano ) (07/24/88)

In article <352@krafla.rhi.hi.is>, frisk@rhi.hi.is (Fridrik Skulason) writes:

> I am looking for a new C compiler, which can compile programs with more than
> 64K in static arrays. The one that I have already (Megamax) is unable to do
> so.
Sorry about posting this to the whole net, but I was unable to get a return
path to Frisk.

Anyway, Yes Laser C does allow large arrays (>64K) they do seem to work well.
I don't know about the others.  For anyone who has Megamax C the best way to
go is get the Laser C upgrade.  It is $20(US), you get the new manual, and the
new distribution disks.  All in all it is a nice package, and does not
cost an arm and a leg.

I am not connected with megamax in anyway other than that of a satisfied
customer.

	Geoffrey Giordano

	INET: jeff@polyof.poly.edu  or  jeff@128.238.10.100
	UUCP: iguana!polyof!jeff