[comp.sys.atari.st] qulam

mike@ncrcpx.UUCP (Mike Reiss) (07/25/88)

I like gulam.  I would like to use it more.  My problem it that the one
that I have is OLD.  Like version 1.00.00.02 or 3.  This was the last one
I know of that was posted to comp.binaries.atari.st or whatever that stream
is called.  Did I miss a newer one?  This one has to many bugs to really
allow me to use it  more.  Last week it created doubles of all the files
and folders on my disk partition and I ended up loosing the whole thing.

Yes, it was all backed up.

Can some ONE help me ???

mike

gengenba@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Michael Gengenbach) (07/28/88)

In article <1821740@ncrcpx.UUCP> mike@ncrcpx.Cambridge.NCR.COM (Mike Reiss) writes:

>I like gulam.  I would like to use it more.

   Me too.

>[..] that I have is OLD.  Like version 1.00.00.02 or 3.  This was the last one
>I know of that was posted to comp.binaries.atari.st or whatever that stream
>is called.  Did I miss a newer one?

   I think, it would be a good idea to repost the newest version.
   It is not very efficient to ftp it to europe several times.

   Now my problem or question. How about a gulam-accessory. I've got a
   PD-shell-accessory (bourne-shell), which i use quite frequently.

   I don't want to totally resign GEM and would like to have gulam as
   an accessory. Does anybody know, if this is possible? My shell accessory
   can't execute gem-programs, but it can handle system() calls. It reads
   the profiles at boot time and then you can call it in no time out of
   every program.

   With the new Mega STs, the memory should be no problem.
   How would you like such a program and who could do it :-) ?

   Michael

Michael Gengenbach  (Technical University Munich)

gengenbach@infovax.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de		   (X.400)
					          / relay.cs.net   (arpa/csnet)
gengenbach%infovax.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de@ - unido.uucp	   (uucp)
					          \ ddoinf6.bitnet (bitnet)

jpdres13@usl-pc.usl.edu (John Joubert) (08/05/88)

--------------------

In article <237@infovax.lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de> gengenba@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Michael Gengenbach) writes:

>   Now my problem or question. How about a gulam-accessory. ...
>
>   I don't want to totally resign GEM and would like to have gulam as
>   an accessory. Does anybody know, if this is possible? My shell accessory
>   can't execute gem-programs, but it can handle system() calls. It reads
>   the profiles at boot time and then you can call it in no time out of
>   every program.

The program that you want is called FLEXCESSORY. This is a program that allows
you to load programs into the DA area and keep them there.  They describe it
as being able to load accessories, but this is not really true, what it loads
is .tos and .gem programs and keeps them resident in the DA area.  The access-
ories that they speak of are DA's that have been converted to .tos and .gem.

Looking at the review, it looks very nice.  It can load programs, unload some
or all programs, and save the configuration.

The price is $29.95 from the E.A.Brown catalog (This is the only place I have
seen it).

If you want to see the review yourself call and ask for catalog #E18, which I
guess is number 18.

				E.A. Brown
ADRESS: -->			3404 Pawneee Drive
				Alexandria, MN 56308

PHONE: -->		612-762-8847 	612-763-6393 	1-800-322-4405

John Joubert                         |     /\  |    /\    |     _
jpdres13@usl-pc.USL   or ...         |     \|<>|>|> \|<>|>|><`|`|
GEnie: J.JOUBERT                     |     \/       \/