[comp.sys.atari.st] STadel upgrade

to_stdnet@stag.UUCP (08/02/88)

From: thelake!steve@stag.UUCP (Steve Yelvington)

I chatted with David Parsons (orc), the author of STadel BBS,
a few minutes ago and he gave me some information on the
upcoming version 3.3a (shareware).

It probably will be released to a couple of beta sites in
the next few weeks -- assuming he can get to a working ST
to compile it. His 1040 has officially died and he's sold off
the hard disk. Development is proceeding on a PC clone, however.

3.3a will be able to network with other STadel/STadel-PC/Citadel-86/
Citadel-68K/Amidel systems using xmodem, ymodem or wxmodem, depending
on the net partner's capability. Wxmodem should greatly improve
performance when netting via PC Pursuit. The Citadel network now
stands at 52 nodes, including one run by Atari Corp. (408-745-2051).

UUCALL, the STadel/UUCP networker, is being reworked toward
full uucico compatibility. It will not be distributed with STadel
and may be sold through an existing software house. The portion
of UUCALL that integrates mail with the STadel message base will
be converted into a stand-alone rmail program so UUCP can do the usual
rmail commands to channel mail to BBS users.

 *___________________________________________________________________*
 | thelake!steve@stag.UUCP /  ...decvax!pwcs!stag!thelake!steve      |
 | Steve Yelvington/1392 Brandlwood Rd./White Bear Lake MN 55110 USA |
 | "A member of STdNet -- to join, send mail to ftg!dwm@stag.UUCP"   |

neil@atari.UUCP (Neil Harris) (08/09/88)

In article <546@stag.UUCP>, to_stdnet@stag.UUCP writes:

> The Citadel network now stands at 52 nodes, including one run by Atari Corp.
> (408-745-xxxx).

If you call the number given in that post, you will be very disappointed.
The STadel board at Atari is for outgoing calls only, for purposes of
networking to other STadel boards.  Please do not call it!  We cannot tie
up that line.  The board won't accept callers anyway... and no one is
supposed to even know the number.

Remember, the number for the real Atari BBS is (408) 745-5308.  That gets
you to one of the 5 lines, currently using the Michtron BBS software.
STadel and FoReM are used for networking only, not for incoming calls.

--->Neil

--
Neil Harris, Director of Product Marketing

UUCP: ...{hoptoad, lll-lcc, pyramid, imagen}!atari!neil
GEnie: NHARRIS, BIX: neilharris, CIS: 70007,1135, Office: 408-745-2160