[comp.sys.atari.st] Joystick buttons

Just out of curiosity, why didn't Atari go with a 3 button mouse? There's still
a pin left on the connector that's not currently connected....

--
  /
 /_ , ,_.                      Howard Chu

hase@netmbx.UUCP (Hartmut Semken) (08/11/88)

In article <398@clio.math.lsa.umich.edu> hyc@math.lsa.umich.edu (Howard Chu) writes:
>Just out of curiosity, why didn't Atari go with a 3 button mouse? There's still
>a pin left on the connector that's not currently connected....

But there is no portbit left at the 6301 microcontroller that handles
mouse, joystick and keyboard...

Did you ever try booting the ST with the mouse buttons held down?
Crashes the keyboard, 'cause the 6301 configures for external a ROM he
hasn't got...

hase
--
Hartmut Semken, Lupsteiner Weg 67, 1000 Berlin 37 hase@netmbx.UUCP
If there is something more important than my ego, I want it caught and shot,