[comp.sys.atari.st] Monochrome Monitors doing 500 lines?

zzkj@gos.ukc.ac.uk (Z.Z.K.Johannes) (08/02/88)

Funnily enough, the SM125 looks absolutely identical (in EVERY detail except
the case colour and Atari badge and the phosphor colour) to a friends monitor
on his PC. It can display 700+ by 450+ (he uses some kind of Super-Hercules
graphic card). Oh and one other thing, the volume control that is marked
contrast on the SM125 (well, it is a contrast control symbol) does in fact
perform contrast control on his monitor which leads me to believe that Atari
SM125's are basically some standard monitor (although looks can be deceiving!!).
--
				ZZKJ - hacking away till it no longer bytes.

wes@obie.UUCP (Barnacle Wes) (08/05/88)

In article <1543@gos.ukc.ac.uk>, zzkj@gos.ukc.ac.uk (Z.Z.K.Johannes) writes:
> Funnily enough, the SM125 looks absolutely identical (in EVERY detail except
> the case colour and Atari badge and the phosphor colour) to a friends monitor
> on his PC. It can display 700+ by 450+ (he uses some kind of Super-Hercules
> graphic card).

The monitor may BE the same (the SM124 is essentially a Goldstar
monitor, I think), but the interfaces aren't.  IBM PC and Hercules
monitors run off a TTL interface.  The ST mono signal is a composite
video signal.
--
                     {hpda, uwmcsd1}!sp7040!obie!wes
           "Happiness lies in being priviledged to work hard for

Jack.Sumner@rubbs1.FIDONET.ORG (Jack Sumner) (08/12/88)

what is the sm 125 is that the same as the sm 124???
{_/s
/s

--

Jack Sumner - via FidoNet node 1:107/330
UUCP: ...!rutgers!rubbs1!Jack.Sumner