[comp.sys.atari.st] Download problems

wao@aluxz.UUCP (William Oswald) (08/17/88)

	I am new to the net so forgive me if this question has
already been answered.

I have a 1040 ST and I use FLASH (1.52) to transfer files. How do I
download and run the programs found on this net? If I download the
encoded version I can't decode it on my ST and if I decode it on my
SUN I can't download to my ST. Thanks in advance!

-----------
Bill oswald

logajan@ns.UUCP (John Logajan x3118) (08/17/88)

In article <941@aluxz.UUCP>, wao@aluxz.UUCP (William Oswald) writes:
> How do I
> download and run the [uuencoded] programs found on this net?

I wrote a short GFA basic program to undecode uuencoded files on the
ST.  If I remember, I'll upload it from home today or tomorrow.
--
- John M. Logajan @ Network Systems; 7600 Boone Ave; Brooklyn Park, MN 55428 -
- {...rutgers!dayton, ...amdahl!ems, ...uunet!rosevax!mmm} !viper!ns!logajan -

gengenba@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de (Michael Gengenbach) (08/20/88)

In article <941@aluxz.UUCP>, wao@aluxz.UUCP (William Oswald) writes:
> [...]
> I have a 1040 ST and I use FLASH (1.52) to transfer files. How do I
> download and run the programs found on this net? If I download the
> encoded version I can't decode it on my ST

     Use the Dumas UUX-Utility. It is a UNIX-compatibel uudecode/uuencode
     utility and it is PD.

> and if I decode it on my SUN I can't download to my ST.

     On UNIX-Systems, uucp or the kermit-protocol should be available.
     On the ST, there is kermit and uucp too. Both are available as PD.

     Maybe you should get a copy of UNITERM, the best terminal-emulator
     and file-transfer-program, i know. It does vt100, kermit, x-modem,
     y-modem, etc.

     Michael

Michael Gengenbach  (Technical University Munich)

gengenbach@infovax.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de		   (X.400)
					          / relay.cs.net   (arpa/csnet)
gengenbach%infovax.informatik.tu-muenchen.dbp.de@ - unido.uucp	   (uucp)
					          \ ddoinf6.bitnet (bitnet)