[comp.sys.atari.st] Wanted: Old Roms

Dave.Douglass@rubbs1.FIDONET.ORG (Dave Douglass) (09/08/88)

Anybody have a set of old roms laying around?  I'm not fussy about the
version.  A friend of mine has a 520 that he uses for games, and
somehow (How?) he managed to trash a rom chip (i.e. the ST won't do
anything when it's turned on and one of the rom chips is very HOT
to the touch......)  Name your price (as long as it's low......)
---------
Dave Douglass  Computer Sciences Corporation  Piscataway, NJ  08854  .....!rutgers!rubbs1!dave.douglass
--

Dave Douglass - via FidoNet node 1:107/330
UUCP: ...!rutgers!rubbs1!Dave.Douglass

logajan@ns.UUCP (John Logajan x3118) (09/09/88)

Dave Douglass writes:
> one of the rom chips is very HOT to the touch...

It could be the rom chip, but also make sure that none of the rom
output lines (data lines) are shorted to anything else (or together).
Shorted outputs draw a lot of current so they tend to get very warm --
but the actual short could be all the way across the pc board.

--
- John M. Logajan @ Network Systems; 7600 Boone Ave; Brooklyn Park, MN 55428 -
- {...rutgers!dayton, ...amdahl!ems, ...uunet!rosevax!mmm} !viper!ns!logajan -

khh@root.co.uk (Keith Holder) (09/12/88)

In article <44.2325D2CB@rubbs1.FIDONET.ORG> Dave.Douglass@rubbs1.FIDONET.ORG (Dave Douglass) writes:
>Anybody have a set of old roms laying around?  I'm not fussy about the
>version.  A friend of mine has a 520 that he uses for games, and
>somehow (How?) he managed to trash a rom chip (i.e. the ST won't do
>anything when it's turned on and one of the rom chips is very HOT
>to the touch......)  Name your price (as long as it's low......)
>---------

Can anybody tell me where I can get a set of ROM chips with TOS on them? I have
a 520+ ST with a German keyboard which boots off disk. However, all copies of
the boot diskettes have been damaged and hence I can not boot machine anymore.
The ST is Board rev. C if that is any help or means anything.
    Thanx in advance.
    keith.