[comp.sys.atari.st] Signum anyone !

PRAKASH@SUVM.BITNET ("Sriprakash Partha Sarathy [x-3071]") (09/09/88)

Finally something was mentioned on Signum..
Questions:
        1. Has any one tried using a European (UK specifically) version of
           Signum on an US version of the 1040 ?
           A READ ERROR appears when it tries to put the menus up on the screen

        2. Is there any support for this package in the US ?

        3. Has anyone have a working version of this package in the US ?

thanks in advance

prakash
[prakash@suvm  .. bitnet]

alderaan@netmbx.UUCP (Thomas Cervera) (09/12/88)

In article <8809091325.AA11358@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, PRAKASH@SUVM.BITNET ("Sriprakash Partha Sarathy [x-3071]") writes:
> Finally something was mentioned on Signum..
> Questions:
>         1. Has any one tried using a European (UK specifically) version of
>            Signum on an US version of the 1040 ?
>            A READ ERROR appears when it tries to put the menus up on the screen

Yes, I tried to use Signum II on a UK machine. The R/E you found is caused by
dirty direct-TOS-accesses of SIGNUM (especially the Editor (and its fast
scrolling) using seperate pure code routines (AES would be too slow)). So, the
only way is to boot the german RAM TOS from a system disk. But then, it works
fine, as I can say on my experiences. The only problem : you must also use a
german keyboard layout, because SIGMUN is working with scan codes, that is,
because of some triple-defined keys (ALT, CTRL). But if they sell the SIGNUM II
package in U.S., it will run also on U.S. ROMs and U.S. keyboards, of course.

--

alderaan
OP RKOpdp (RSTS/E)

Dieffenbachstrasze 60-61
1000 Berlin 61

klute%trillian.irb@unido.uucp (Rainer Klute) (09/14/88)

For those of you who are interested in Signum! and want more
info here is the developer's address:

	  Application Systems Heidelberg
	  Postfach 102646
	D-6900 Heidelberg
	  West Germany

	  Tel. (+6221) 300002

Disclaimer: I have no relations to the above firm except as a
very satisfied customer.

	Rainer Klute

|   Rainer Klute            | klute@trillian.irb.informatik.uni-dortmund.de |
|   University of Dortmund  | UUCP:   klute@unido.uucp                      |
|   Dept. of CS             |            (...uunet!mcvax!unido!klute)       |
|   P.O. Box 500500         | BITNET: klute@unido.bitnet                    |
| D-4600 Dortmund 50        |                                               |
|                        Federal Republic of Germany                        |