[comp.sys.atari.st] Ram Disk greater than 999k

gibson@trwrb.UUCP (Gregory S. Gibson) (09/14/88)

I have a Mega 2.  How can I create a Ram Disk greater than 999k?
Can I use Eternal2 to create a Ram Disk greater than 999k?

Gregory Gibson
gibson@trwrb.UUCP
--
Gregory Gibson
{...ihnp4,ucbvax}!trwrb!gibson

dragon@olivej.atc.OLIVETTI.COM (Give me a quarter or I'll touch you) (09/16/88)

In article <7902@trwrb.UUCP>, gibson@trwrb.UUCP (Gregory S. Gibson) writes:
> I have a Mega 2.  How can I create a Ram Disk greater than 999k?
> Can I use Eternal2 to create a Ram Disk greater than 999k?

Two products I know which let one create large ram disks are:

	Shadow (from Antic, reset proof on a Mega)
	Hybriswitch (from Hybrid Arts, and I think there is a shareware
	version of it floating around, also reset proof on Mega).

Hope that helps a bit!

> Gregory Gibson
> gibson@trwrb.UUCP
> --
> Gregory Gibson
> {...ihnp4,ucbvax}!trwrb!gibson

--Dean

----
Dean Brunette               {ucbvax,etc.}!hplabs!oliveb!olivej!dragon
Olivetti Advanced Technology Center     _____   _____   __|__   _____
20300 Stevens Creek Blvd.              |     |  _____|    |    |
Cupertino, CA 95014                    |_____| |_____|    |__  |_____

'Dancing, screaming, itching, squealing, fevered feeling hot Hot HOT!'

franco@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (09/16/88)

With eternal2 you can use the spec <drive>fff (or <drive>???, I can't
remember which) to get the max size.  I have gotten eternal2 to work with
the MEGA ROMS as follows:

  1.  To resize:   Hold both the alternate key AND the right shift down.
  2.  To remove:   Hold both the left shift key AND the right shift key down.

I have no idea why one must hold down the right shift key.  According to
my documentation this should not be necessary.  It is not necessary to
do so using the earlier versions of TOS.