[comp.sys.atari.st] Fidonet mailer

to_stdnet@stag.UUCP (09/16/88)

From: thelake!steve@stag.UUCP (Steve Yelvington)

I ran across the following on a local Fidonet node and thought
it might be of general interest.  -- Steve

 --------------

From:    Fidgit Greylock
To:      All                                      Msg #214, 13-Sep-88 12:53am
Subject: New version of GS-Point released

The new version of GS-Point, v0.61, has finally been released.  For those who
don't know, GS-Point is a non-commercial package that allows an Atari ST user
to act as a FidoNet point, and receive and send network mail and echomail.

New features in v0.61 include:

    o  A completely redesigned user interface.  The new full-screen
       interface is much more intuitive and easy to use than the old
       one.

    o  GS-Point now knows about zones and can correctly handle messages
       coming from and going to other zones.

    o  Password-protected netmail sessions are now supported for both
       WaZOO and "LoTek" sessions.

    o  GS-Point can now be invoked in a "poll-only" mode from a batch
       file or scheduler.

    o  GEM-based text editors can now be used to edit messages, as well
       as TOS-based editors.

GS-Point v0.61 is available for file request and for first time download on
FidoNet node 1:321/112 (BBS phone (413) 253-5518) as GSP-061.ARC or as the
magic filename GSPOINT.  File requests are accepted at all times except
between 4am and 6am EDT.

--- Msg V3.1
 * Origin: Node_Hog - Greylock Software  (413) 253-5518  (1:321/112)

  -----------------

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) (09/18/88)

In article <590@stag.UUCP> to_stdnet@stag.UUCP writes:
|From: thelake!steve@stag.UUCP (Steve Yelvington)
|
|I ran across the following on a local Fidonet node and thought
|it might be of general interest.  -- Steve
|>Subject: New version of GS-Point released
|>The new version of GS-Point, v0.61, has finally been released.  For those who
|>don't know, GS-Point is a non-commercial package that allows an Atari ST user
|>to act as a FidoNet point, and receive and send network mail and echomail.

I am interested, and would like to know more.
Has anyone who has tried it yet?
Is it on one the USENET or BITNET file servers?

--
    L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
	ljdickey@WATDCS.UWaterloo.ca	ljdickey@water.BITNET