[comp.sys.atari.st] Still need info on mapping gulam keys

mike@ncrcpx.UUCP (Mike Reiss) (09/23/88)

HELP !!!

This is the second time I've asked this question.  I got no response the
first time.  I know someone out there knows the answer.

How do I remap the delete key in gulam?  "kb -(m,g, or r) 07f 1d" does
not work.  This is what the documentation says to use.  I really am to used
to a forward deleting delete key to give it up.

thanks,

mike

buschman@infbs (Andreas Buschmann) (09/27/88)

In article <1821754@ncrcpx.UUCP> mike@ncrcpx.Cambridge.NCR.COM (Mike Reiss) writes:
>How do I remap the delete key in gulam?  "kb -(m,g, or r) 07f 1d" does
>not work.  This is what the documentation says to use.  I really am to used
[stuff deleted]
>mike

You can patch the gulam keymap. Change the code for <bs> from 0x08 (^H) to
0x7f and for <del> from 0x7f to 0x04 (^D). Of course, this is only a hack,
not a solution, in the query-replace comand you have to use the <bs> key
instead of the <del> key.
To patch the keymap use either gulamfix, which has been posted in the
comp.src/bin/comp?.atari.st group some month ago, or a diskeditor.
If you use the diskeditor search for the string "1234567890", it should
then find the keytable.
Don't forget to patch all three tables.
I have done this yesterday, and it works (with gulamfix).

					Good luck!
					Andreas

Andreas Buschmann 	TU Braunschweig, W.Germany
BITNET/EARN:	buschman@dbsinf6			(BITNET is cheaper)
uucp:		buschman@infbs.uucp	...{mcvax,uunet} !unido!infbs!buschman