[comp.sys.atari.st] Blitter Problems

XBR3D815@DDATHD21.BITNET (10/07/88)

> root@yale-bulldog.arpa  (Celray Stalk) writes:

> I just got a Mega-4 and am having a problem with the blitter chip.
> With the blitter turned off, everything is fine.  With it on, partial
> "shadows" of the window border get left behind when I drag a window
> across the screen with the mouse.  These are little vertical lines of
> random height running up from where the bottom of the window was as it
> was being moved.  It looks as if the CPU is not synchronizing itself
> properly with the blitter chip, perhaps aborting a blit in the middle.
> The problem occurs with both TOS 1.2 (the Mega ROM) and the new
> Developer's version of TOS 1.4.
>
> Has anybody seen this problem before?  Do I have a bad blitter chip, or
> is the problem systemic with all Mega's?

Yes, i had the same problem. Dragging a window very fast from left to right
and back left a lot of vetical lines on the screen. I think it has something
to do with the accessories you have installed. When i used ALARMCLK and some
ramdisk, the problem occured. Now i have a different configuration and i have
never seen these symptoms again.
I have a Mega ST4 & SH205 and now with the following Programs in exact this
order in the  AUTO-folder:
        ETERNL3
        TURBODOS
        FOLDERxxx