[comp.sys.atari.st] Hard disk back-up: any suggestions?

wsflinn@violet.waterloo.edu (Scott Flinn) (10/03/88)

     I have reached the point where I have enough stuff on my
SH204 that the ad hoc backup methods I have been using are now
totally inadequate.  I seem to recall some faint mumbles about
something called TURTLE, which gives a lot of bang for the buck,
mainly because it is free.  Does anyone have any suggestions as
to where I might get this program, or if something else might
be a better idea?

     You probably know better than me, but I suppose email
advance for your help.
                                       Scott Flinn

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) (10/11/88)

In article <8831@watdragon.waterloo.edu> wsflinn@violet.waterloo.edu (Scott Flinn) writes:

>     I have reached the point where I have enough stuff on my
>SH204 that the ad hoc backup methods I have been using are now
>totally inadequate.  I seem to recall some faint mumbles about
>something called TURTLE, which gives a lot of bang for the buck,
>mainly because it is free.  Does anyone have any suggestions as
>to where I might get this program, or if something else might
>be a better idea?

For the latest known version of turtle that I know about is version 2.17.
I have just copied it for you to watmath, and you should be able
to grab it there, as long as it stays im "/tmp".

Try the command:

	rcp	watmath:/tmp/tur-2-17.uue	.

--
    L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
	ljdickey@WATDCS.UWaterloo.ca	ljdickey@water.BITNET