[comp.sys.atari.st] XProlog

weaver@tut.UUCP (11/04/87)

	Could someone mail me part a of xprolog that was posted to
comp.binaries.atari.st a while back?  I accidentally saved part b
twice.

	Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

--
Andrew Weaver, The Ohio State University College of Business
UUCP: ...!cbosgd!cis.ohio-state.edu!weaver    | "This ain'ta my planet,
					      |  - Emilio Lizardo

wolf@pyr.gatech.EDU ( Thomas Wolf) (10/08/88)

I have recently received a copy of the pd prolog compiler XPROLOG.  I seem to
have some problem executing it, though.  Here's my problem:
	Whenever I try executing it from "Gulam", it immediately
	exits with the message "Cannot build such a large Prolog"
	From "msh" (or from the desktop) it works fine.
I tried playing with the various options (stacksize, Functorsize, etc.) in
order to cut down on the amount of space used by Prolog, but to no avail.

Can anybody help?  I would appreciate any hints.

--
   Thomas Wolf
uucp: ...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!wolf

atoenne@laura.UUCP (Andreas Toenne) (10/13/88)

In article <6521@pyr.gatech.EDU> wolf@pyr.UUCP (   Thomas Wolf) writes:
>I have recently received a copy of the pd prolog compiler XPROLOG.  I seem to
>have some problem executing it, though.  Here's my problem:
>	Whenever I try executing it from "Gulam", it immediately
>	exits with the message "Cannot build such a large Prolog"
>	From "msh" (or from the desktop) it works fine.
>I tried playing with the various options (stacksize, Functorsize, etc.) in
>order to cut down on the amount of space used by Prolog, but to no avail.

Hum,

I have heard about this problem from several ppl but I have no idea how
to solve it.
Perhaps it helps you, if I send the whole sources (>250kb) to comp.sources.
atari.st ?

This error message is sent only, when one of the mallocs fails.
This is due to low memory only.
So either Gulam needs too much memory or Gulam gives a junk command line to
Xprolog.

Please note that I will not give anymore support for Xprolog.
(In fact it has expired from my harddisk about a year ago)

	Andreas Toenne (Author of Xprolog)