[comp.sys.atari.st] TeX location

wsinsi6@eutrc3.UUCP (a.lapinski) (10/12/88)

As far as I know there is a public version of TeX for the ST, available via
ftp at clio (35.195.16.14).
Is anyone aware of a server on the UUCP or BITNET holding this implementation
of TeX ? Perhaps someone would be willing to post it to 'netlib@lakesys.UUCP'
or to 'listserv@canada01' on the BITNET ?

	Antek Lapinski

----------------------------------
Antek Lapinski
Computing Science Department
Eindhoven University of Technology
Postbox 513
5600 MB Eindhoven, Netherlands

UUCP : mcvax!eutrc3!wsinsi6
BITNET : wsinsi6@heithe5

kibo@pawl17.pawl.rpi.edu (James Parry) (10/14/88)

In article <343@eutrc3.UUCP> wsinsi6@eutrc3.UUCP (a.lapinski) writes:

>As far as I know there is a public version of TeX for the ST, available via
>ftp at clio (35.195.16.14).
>Is anyone aware of a server on the UUCP or BITNET holding this implementation
>of TeX ? Perhaps someone would be willing to post it to 'netlib@lakesys.UUCP'
>or to 'listserv@canada01' on the BITNET ?
>
>        Antek Lapinski
>
>----------------------------------
>Antek Lapinski
>Computing Science Department
>Eindhoven University of Technology
>Postbox 513
>5600 MB Eindhoven, Netherlands
>
>UUCP : mcvax!eutrc3!wsinsi6
>BITNET : wsinsi6@heithe5

clio has the sources and executable for TeX, along with some PK format
font files for the screen previewer, and .FMT and .STY files for LaTeX.
It does -not- have the DVIST screen previewer or anything to let you
print DVI files on either an Epson or a laser printer.  The read-me files
along with these mention repeatedly that DVIST and the Epson printer program
are both available "elsewhere".

Could someone please explain where I might find these?

Without either a DVI viewer or a printer driver, TeX on a ST is a bit
useless, since you have to upload your DVI file to another system to print
it or read it.  You might just as well upload the TeX file and TeX it there...
--
James "Kibo" Parry
userfe0n@rpitsmts  (bitnet)

In article <1415@imagine.PAWL.RPI.EDU> kibo@pawl17.pawl.rpi.edu (James Parry) writes:
%clio has the sources and executable for TeX, along with some PK format
%font files for the screen previewer, and .FMT and .STY files for LaTeX.
%It does -not- have the DVIST screen previewer or anything to let you
%print DVI files on either an Epson or a laser printer.  The read-me files
%along with these mention repeatedly that DVIST and the Epson printer program
%are both available "elsewhere".
%
%Could someone please explain where I might find these?

Check again when you have the opportunity, DVIST is online on clio. I have
not seen a DVI->Epson driver yet, but I will make it available as soon as
I get hold of one.
--
  /
 /_ , ,_.                      Howard Chu

avy@yugas.UUCP (Avy MOISE) (10/22/88)

In article <430@stag.math.lsa.umich.edu>, hyc@math.lsa.umich.edu (Howard Chu) writes:
> In article <1415@imagine.PAWL.RPI.EDU> kibo@pawl17.pawl.rpi.edu (James Parry) writes:
> %clio has the sources and executable for TeX, along with some PK format
> %font files for the screen previewer, and .FMT and .STY files for LaTeX.
> %It does -not- have the DVIST screen previewer or anything to let you
> %print DVI files on either an Epson or a laser printer.  The read-me files
> %along with these mention repeatedly that DVIST and the Epson printer program
> %are both available "elsewhere".
> %
> %Could someone please explain where I might find these?
>
> Check again when you have the opportunity, DVIST is online on clio. I have
> not seen a DVI->Epson driver yet, but I will make it available as soon as
> I get hold of one.

    We wrote DVIST - TeX dvi previwer for the atari st -- GEM version.TZ
    We wrote DVIEPS- TeX dvi printer for the Atari st -- OS/9 version.

    The DVIST program will be shortly released. It supports
    windows and is quite interactive.

    The DVIEPS will be released iff there is enough demand, since we have
    to recompile it under GEM.

    Both programs require some fonts. The DVIST software requires about 6
	discs (DS DD) and DVIEPS requires 9 discs (DS DD).

			Avy Moise
--
Avygdor Moise, York University. (C.R.E.S.S.),  Petrie Bldg. Rm 340,
               4700 Keele St., North York, Ontario, Canada. M3J 1P3