[comp.sys.atari.st] Flash's Ymodem Batch Facility.

euloth@dalcsug.UUCP (George Seto) (10/24/88)

In article <1195@atari.UUCP>, apratt@atari.UUCP (Allan Pratt) writes:

> (As usual, I have no connection with Double Click...  I use Shadow to
> get files from GEnie, mostly because Flash doesn't have Ymodem-batch.)

Allan
 What version of Flash do you have? I use it all the time and since Flash
 version 1.2 or 1.3 there has been Ymodem Batch in it. My Flash 1.6, which
 I believe is the current version, has it, and I understood that you had to
 have 1.6 to work with Shadow. The command is dl yb to download using Ymodem
 Batch. Since it isn't available as an Alt-Key combination (is this what you
 meant?) I set it up as a Function key. I have been doing Ymodem batch for
 almost a year and a half on Forem, Citadel and a number of Unix type systems
 and find it extremely handy. However I have noted that there is mention
 of a newer Ymodem protocol, called Ymodem-G? Any idea what that is? The
      two protocols that are around which Flash by itself does NOT support
 is Zmodem and Kermit. Zmodem is available as a separate executable and
 the accessory is available from Antic to handle Kermit protocol.

George Seto

* euloth@dalcsug.uucp  || Disclaimer: All opinions are my own unless other-   *