[net.wanted] Name of Beatles' Song Needed

steves@ncr-sd.UUCP (Steve Schlesinger) (09/10/85)

What is the name of the song by the Beatles (or one of
them alone post breakup) that has these lines:

	Give me love
	Give me hope
	Give me peace

I'm 99% sure it is from the Beatle's.
Also, what album is it found on?

Please respond by e-mail to me.  Thanks in advance.

Steve Schlesinger
{akgua, allegra, dcdwest, decvax, ihnp4, ucbvax}!sdcsvax!ncr-sd!steves

jrm@cbuxc.UUCP (John Miller) (09/16/85)

> What is the name of the song by the Beatles (or one of
> them alone post breakup) that has these lines:
>
> 	Give me love
> 	Give me hope
> 	Give me peace
>
> I'm 99% sure it is from the Beatle's.
> Also, what album is it found on?
>
> Please respond by e-mail to me.  Thanks in advance.
>

> Steve Schlesinger
> {akgua, allegra, dcdwest, decvax, ihnp4, ucbvax}!sdcsvax!ncr-sd!steves

I believe it was a George Harrison song - it should be on one of his early
albums - probably the first (maybe the only)

dean@aoa.UUCP (Dean Wormell) (09/18/85)

In article <339@cbuxc.UUCP> jrm@cbuxc.UUCP (John Miller) writes:

>> 	Give me love
>> 	Give me hope
>> 	Give me peace
>I believe it was a George Harrison song - it should be on one of his early
>albums - probably the first (maybe the only)

Album -- _Dark Horse_, song 'Heart and Soul' by George Harrison.

--

		Dean Wormell
		...!{decvax,linus,ima,ihnp4}!bbncca!aoa!dean

pgr@mtfmp.UUCP (P.RUSSO) (09/20/85)

I don't think that was done by the Beatles; I think it was
one of George Harrison's solo efforts.

showard@udenva.UUCP (showard) (09/21/85)

> In article <339@cbuxc.UUCP> jrm@cbuxc.UUCP (John Miller) writes:
> >>
> >> 	Give me love
> >> 	Give me hope
> >> 	Give me peace
> >I believe it was a George Harrison song - it should be on one of his early
> >albums - probably the first (maybe the only)
>
> Album -- _Dark Horse_, song 'Heart and Soul' by George Harrison.
>
> 		Dean Wormell
> 		...!{decvax,linus,ima,ihnp4}!bbncca!aoa!dean

Nope.  Album "Living the the Material World".  Song: "Give me Love (Give me
Peace on Earth)".  Also appears on the best of LP.

--Mr. Blore, the DJ who would not die.