[comp.sys.atari.st] question for Okimate 20 users

georgew@tekig4.TEK.COM (George Walker) (11/09/88)

My Okimate 20 documentation claims that it will emulate an Atari SMM804,
which in turn emulates an Epson printer (I think).

However, the only time I actually tried this (booting without the Okimate
color printer driver and pressing Alt-Help to dump the screen in Epson format),
several dots in my print head burned out, and I had to get a new print head.

So my question is, was this just a coincidence?  Do other Okimate 20 users
use their printers on a daily basis in SMM804 graphics mode?  There are a
lot of S/W packages out there that support the Epson or Atari printers but
do not specifically support the Okimate 20.

Thanks in advance.

George S. Walker {decvax,hplabs,...}!tektronix!tekig4!georgew	UUCP
Tektronix, Inc.	 georgew@tekig4.TEK.COM				DOMAIN
(503) 627-4669	 tekig4!georgew.tektronix@Udel-Relay		ARPA

soohoo@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Ken Soohoo) (11/09/88)

In article <3404@tekig4.TEK.COM> georgew@tekig4.TEK.COM (George Walker) writes:
>My Okimate 20 documentation claims that it will emulate an Atari SMM804,
>which in turn emulates an Epson printer (I think).
>
> << some more deleted >>

If you have an Okimate 20 with an Atari ST interface card, I'm pretty
sure that the Okimate emulates a SMM804 graphics mode.
No guarentees for Epson mode (if you use Alt-Help in COLOR mode it will
dump to the Okimate 20 correctly, I've done it).

>Thanks in advance.
>
>George S. Walker {decvax,hplabs,...}!tektronix!tekig4!georgew	UUCP

--Kenneth Soohoo	(soohoo@cory.Berkeley.Edu)
  Atari 400/800/600xl/800xl/1200/130xe/65xe, 1040ST hacker
  Sometime Berkeley Student, othertimes...
  My opinions are my OWN, not necessarily Atari's