[comp.sys.atari.st] Uniterm Fonts?!?!

JJL101@PSUVM.BITNET (J.J. Lehett) (11/04/88)

     Can anyone help me out here?  I have just gotten unifont. to use with
uniterm, they seem to load in ok from the disk using the loadfont macro
but will I notice a difference on the screen or what?  Which fonts can I use
that camwe with the package - which character set do I load it into in the
atari - I think the index number goes from 1 to 9.

              Thanks,

                       Taz
-------

=                                                                     =
-   J.J. Lehett   ->   (JJL101 @ PSUVM.bitnet)                        -
=                                                                     =
-   Relay nick: Taz            Computer:  Atari ST!                   -
-                                                                     -
=   Affilliations: Penn State Univ., Zeta Psi Fraternity              =
-                                                                     -
=   Disclaimer:  "I ain't gonna take responsibility for any of        =
-                 this stuff!"                                        -
=                                                                     =

poole@forty2.UUCP (Simon Poole) (11/10/88)

In article <59689JJL101@PSUVM> JJL101@PSUVM.BITNET (J.J. Lehett) writes:

>     Can anyone help me out here?  I have just gotten unifont. to use with
>uniterm, they seem to load in ok from the disk using the loadfont macro
>but will I notice a difference on the screen or what?.......

This  (half documented) facility  was  'designed' as a replacement for
the VT200/VT300   downloadable fonts, there   is  no  automatic screen
redraw and  you  have to  understand  the   mechanics  of VTXXX   font
selection to be able to actually use them  (If you just want to change
the ASCII character set UniTerm uses,  you can use  one of the various
programs   that are available that   change  the  fonts  used  by  the
desktop). (I might  consider making the normal fonts  loadable, but it
will make the program another couple of Kb's larger......)

UUCP:   ...mcvax!cernvax!forty2!poole			Simon Poole
BITNET: K538915@CZHRZU1A

neil@cs.hw.ac.uk (Neil Forsyth) (11/11/88)

In article <518@forty2.UUCP> poole@forty2.UUCP (Simon Poole) writes:
> ... (If you just want to change the ASCII character set UniTerm uses,
> you can use one of the various programs that are available that change
> the fonts used by the desktop).

I tried this a while back using FONT.TTP and NICE.FED that were posted to the
net. Sure, the GEM font used on the help menu was changed but not the font
used during terminal emulation. Also 'Show'ing a file from the GEM desktop
was not affected either.

>UUCP:   ...mcvax!cernvax!forty2!poole			Simon Poole
>BITNET: K538915@CZHRZU1A

/ DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise stated, the above comments are entirely my own \
!                                                                             !
! "I think all right thinking people in this country are sick and tired of    !
! being told that ordinary decent people are fed up in this country with      !
! being sick and tired. I'm certainly not and I'm sick and tired of being     !
! told that I am!" - Monty Python                                             !
! Neil Forsyth                           JANET:  neil@uk.ac.hw.cs             !
! Dept. of Computer Science              ARPA:   neil@cs.hw.ac.uk             !
! Heriot-Watt University                 UUCP:   ..!ukc!cs.hw.ac.uk!neil      !
! Edinburgh                                                                   !
! Scotland                                                                    !