[comp.sys.atari.st] new version of UW for Atari ST??

schmidt@cadlab.uucp (Michael Schmidt) (11/14/88)

Is there a new version of "uw" for the Atari?

If there is none and there will be none, I would be interested in
the sources. I tried to reach the authors by mail, but apparently
some mailers in USA are very confused.
--
    Michael Schmidt, CADLAB / FB 17, Uni-GH Paderborn, Bahnhofstr. 32,
                     D-4790 Paderborn, West Germany

trb@stag.UUCP ( Todd Burkey ) (11/15/88)

In article <347@cadlab.cadlab.de> schmidt@cadlab.uucp (Michael Schmidt) writes:

>Is there a new version of "uw" for the Atari?
>
>If there is none and there will be none, I would be interested in
>the sources. I tried to reach the authors by mail, but apparently
>some mailers in USA are very confused.

I talked to one of the authors a few months ago (for the Lachman
version...) It sounded like he had made a few changes (even file xfer
capability), but I still haven't gotten the sources from him. I've
been using screen lately at work, so haven't had a dire need for uw,
but if/when I get the sources I will be looking into adding RGB
support. I have one of the original RGB monitors and I prefer it over
using my monochrome. Of course, if anyone has already added RGB
capabilities, please post it ASAP!
  -Todd Burkey
   trb@stag.UUCP