[comp.sys.atari.st] An ad from Softlogik

pa1132@sdcc15.ucsd.edu (pa1132) (11/12/88)

Have anyone seen an magazine published by some Atari user groups in
Michagan   (Spelling is incorrect, sorry)?  Inside it there is an ad
made with dot matrix printer and PageStream.  The printout quality
is just amazing, almost reaching laser printer quality.  However,
Softlogik did not state whether that ad was printed with a 9-pin or
24-pin printer.

BobR@cup.portal.com (Bob BobR Retelle) (11/15/88)

pa1132 writes:
>Have anyone seen an magazine published by some Atari user groups in
>Michagan   (Spelling is incorrect, sorry)?  Inside it there is an ad
>made with dot matrix printer and PageStream.  The printout quality
>is just amazing, almost reaching laser printer quality.  However,
>Softlogik did not state whether that ad was printed with a 9-pin or
>24-pin printer.

The magazine is the "Michigan Atari Magazine", and I saw the ad-copy you
referred to.. if anything, it was even better than it appeared in the
magazine..!  (You should see the output of PageStream on a HP Laserjet!!)

You're right though, there was no reference to the actual dot-matrix
printer they used to create the ad copy.  I'll try to find out what they
used, and report back..

BobR

BobR@cup.portal.com (Bob BobR Retelle) (11/16/88)

Regarding the ad from SoftLogik in the Michigan Atari Magazine which was
done on a dot-matrix printer,  I talked to the Editor of the magazine today,
and she said that SL hadn't indicated whether they used a 9-pin or a 24-pin
printer...

Probably the best way to find out for sure would be to give them a call at
the number in the ad...

(Let us know what you find out..!)

BobR