[comp.sys.atari.st] umix ftp

MCCABE@MTUS5.BITNET (11/12/88)

Date:    11 November 88, 15:55:18 EST
From:    Jim McCabe                                     MCCABE   at MTUS5
To:      INFO-ATARI16 at SCORE.STANFORD.EDU
Subject: umix ftp

Does umix still support anonymous ftp?  I tried logging on last
night both with the userid "ftp" and "anonymous", and neither
worked...

Hopefully the service is still available, now that I'm finally
able to get there quickly!

                                            Jim

In article <8811120615.AA02372@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> MCCABE@MTUS5.BITNET writes:
>Does umix still support anonymous ftp?  I tried logging on last
>night both with the userid "ftp" and "anonymous", and neither
>worked...

Umix has had anonymous ftp disabled since the discovery of the bug in BSD's
ftpd (regarding anonymous ftps.) The Atari archives are no longer on umix,
try him1.cc.umich.edu, 35.1.1.43, user pc7, password guest. Everything should
be there.
--
  /
 /_ , ,_.                      Howard Chu