[comp.sys.atari.st] Uniterm questions

csrobe@CS.WM.EDU (Chip Roberson) (11/20/88)

I have a couple of questions about uniterm (kudos to Simon!)...

1) When I do a xmodem dl from a Sun 3/180 SunOS 3.2 (BSD 4.2) to
my ST using Uniterm v2.0c adn v2.0e, I get a message box telling
me that uniterm received EOT.  It then asks if it should save the
file or ignore it.  This always happens at the end of the transfer
and as far as i know, it is spurious to me.  I always tell it to
save the file and everything comes out fine.  QUESTION:  Is there
a way (either unix-side or ST-side) that I can avoid/stop these
dialog boxes?

2) I have access to a remote system that has 1 2400baud line and 2
1200baud lines.  What I would like to do is create a macro file
that automatically sets the baud rate to 2400 baud and tries the
2400 baud line.  If that fails, then I would like for the macro
to set the baud rate to 1200 and try the 1200 baud lines in any
order (i don't care).  I'm really pressed for time right now
(thesis proposal due) so I don't have much time to try to figure
this out on my own.  So I thought I'd try to free-ride on someone
else's efforts, if someone has already done this.  If anything,
I'd appreciate pointers to speed me along the way.

3) Also, I'd like to know how to set parity, data bits, and stop
bits from a macro file (and perhaps have someway to automatically
reset them when the call is terminated).

Anxiously awaiting your replies.
cheers,
-chip
Chip Roberson                ARPANET:  csrobe@cs.wm.edu
1328-F Mt. Vernon Ave.       BITNET:   #csrobe@wmmvs.bitnet
Williamsburg, VA 23185       UUCP:     ...!uunet!pyrdc!gmu90x!wmcs!csrobe

poole@forty2.UUCP (Simon Poole) (11/24/88)

In article <8811200724.AA21689@cs.wm.edu> csrobe@CS.WM.EDU (Chip Roberson) writes:
>1) When I do a xmodem dl from a Sun 3/180 SunOS 3.2 (BSD 4.2) to
>my ST using Uniterm v2.0c adn v2.0e, I get a message box telling
>me that uniterm received EOT.  It then asks if it should save the
>file or ignore it.  This always happens at the end of the transfer
>and as far as i know, it is spurious to me.  I always tell it to
>save the file and everything comes out fine.

It isn't that spurious: a random EOT inbetween Packets would otherwise
cause the  transfer to abort  (and since the  xmodem  protocol doesn't
know about filesizes, this seems a resonable solution).

>2)
and
>3)
have a look at the readme for V2.0e, that should answer most questions...

UUCP:   ...mcvax!cernvax!forty2!poole			Simon Poole
BITNET: K538915@CZHRZU1A