[comp.sys.atari.st] LAN CARDS?

172mikowski%pooh.dnet@GW.WMICH.EDU (11/23/88)

Hello again,

	Does anybody out there have any idea as to if there *IS* a LAN card
or setup for the Mega ST's, or if there will ever be one developed?  Also,
if there is no chance of finding a card to go inside the Mega's, whatever
happened to MOSES PromiseLAN, or Atari's networking setup?  What do users
in Europe do if they want to link Mega's together in an office environment?

	Also, does anyone know of a way to set up the SLM804 to emulate
more than just the DIABLO 630?  I'm trying to get Wordperfect to work
nicely and the DIABLO emulator does not handle a large portion of the
features found in WordPerfect.  On another note, I would like to WARN all
potential users of Wordperfect and the SLM804--DO *NOT* USE WPSPOOL.ACC
WHEN YOU ARE USING THE DIABLO630 EMULATOR!  The accessory seems to eat
into the same area in memory that is used by the emulator which forces you
to reload the emulator if you want to print anything with Wordperfect.

Bernard J. Mikowski

x87mikowski@gw.wmich.edu
bernard_mikowski@um.cc.umich.edu

Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo, MI (yep, Kalamazoo--just ask Elvis!)

avy@yugas.UUCP (Avy MOISE) (11/27/88)

In article <8811222103.AA06776@gw.wmich.edu>, 172mikowski%pooh.dnet@GW.WMICH.EDU writes:

> Hello again,
>
> 	Does anybody out there have any idea as to if there *IS* a LAN card
> or setup for the Mega ST's, or if there will ever be one developed?  Also,
> if there is no chance of finding a card to go inside the Mega's, whatever
> happened to MOSES PromiseLAN, or Atari's networking setup?  What do users
> in Europe do if they want to link Mega's together in an office environment?

    Yes we just received the first 8 prototype boards of our TAXI controller
board. TAXI stands for The Atari eXtended Interface. The TAXI board
will plug into the Mega's expansion slot, or be driven through the
Atari ACSI interface. Some of the features are:

1 Full Ethernet interface (thin is builtin, thick requires a transceiver
  box)
1 Full (true) SCSI interface independent of the Atari ACSI interface.
8 Full duplex serial lines (RS232-C compatible)
2 Centronics/parallel printer interface
1 MC68000 processor (when used as standalone configuration).
128K dual ported DRAM + 64/128K EPROM

This board can be incrementally configured as an Ethernet controller,
2-8 channels serial cross point switch; with or without parallel or
SCSI interface.

If you have any further questions you may contact
FutureDOS R&D                      or    Tyler Ivanco
1207-120 Torresdale Avenue,              ISTS (Institute for Space and
North York, Ontario,                     Terrestrial Science)
Canada, M2R 3N7                          York University,
Tel: (416)736-0321                       North York, Ontario,
(ask for Avy)                            Canada, M3J 1P3
                                         Tel: (416)736-2100 ext 7765
uucp: avy@yunexus!stpl                   tyler@yunexus!stpl
bitnet: FS300013@YUSOL                   FS300022@YUSOL
--
Avygdor Moise, York University. (C.R.E.S.S.),  Petrie Bldg. Rm 340,
               4700 Keele St., North York, Ontario, Canada. M3J 1P3