[comp.sys.atari.st] "clio" doesn't let me FTP to it...

dyer@math.lsa.umich.edu (Jon Brode) (11/29/88)

In article <1861@imagine.PAWL.RPI.EDU> kibo () writes:
>	The ST archive site "clio" (35.195.16.4) hasn't let me FTP to
> it anonymously lately (it says "User anonymous unknown; login failed.")
> Is it supposed to do this?  Am I supposed to access it some other way?
> [It was always my favorite site to FTP things from, before :-(]

Clio's anonymous ftp was down for a while due to the ftp security
hole. It has been patched up now, and ftp should be working again.
BUT! We aren't keeping an archive there anymore. We are now at
him1.cc.umich.edu (35.1.1.43). I've been told that we now have
real anonymous ftp, and don't have to use that ugly kludge we had
before. I'll find out what the deal is and report back.

If you like Clio, you'll love PC7. About 500 file, around 35 Megs.

> James "Kibo" Parry
> kibo%pawl.rpi.edu@itsgw.rpi.edu

Jon Brode  --  dyer@math.lsa.umich.edu                Jesse '92
 Moderator of PC7