[comp.sys.atari.st] SCSI host adapter

hani@kuling.UUCP (Don Vito Corelione) (11/29/88)

Does anyone knows where to find an SCSI host adapter + boot/format software
for the atari st 520 ? I tried here in Sweden but I faild to find one !

 Thanks for Your help !

	Hani Georges Freiwat

jeff@tekcsc.MKT.TEK.COM (Jeff Beadles) (12/04/88)

In article <908@kuling.UUCP> hani@kuling.UUCP (Don Vito Corelione) writes:

>Does anyone knows where to find an SCSI host adapter + boot/format software
>for the atari st 520 ? I tried here in Sweden but I faild to find one !

>	Hani Georges Freiwat

Well, I use the Atari host adapter.  I bought it at a local Atari service
center for around $45.00 (US)  I'm not sure on finding the software
however.

Best of luck,

	-Jeff Beadles
--
Jeff Beadles  IDG Customer Support Center  Tektronix, Inc.
jeff@tekcsc.mkt.tek.com -or-               POB 1000

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) (12/08/88)

	(Hani Georges Freiwat, a.k.a. Don Vito Corelione) writes:

>Does anyone knows where to find an SCSI host adapter + boot/format software
>for the atari st 520 ? I tried here in Sweden but I faild to find one !

A number of people have written about the products of two
companies.    They are:

	Berkeley MicroSystems
	360 Oakland Avenue Suite 5
	Oakland, California
	USA  94611
	1-415-465-6956

and

	ICD
	1220 Rock Street
	Rockford, Illinois
	USA  61101-1437
	1-815-968-2228
	FAX: 1-815-968-6888

I have seen and heard positive testimonials from users of
products from both of these companies.  I think that both
offer controllers separately and as part of packages.  I
think that either will allow you to have up to 6 or 7 drives
and both have a built in battery operated clock.  I suspect
also that both offer the formatting and boot necessary software.

I hope this helps.

--
    L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
	ljdickey@WATDCS.UWaterloo.ca	ljdickey@water.BITNET