[comp.sys.atari.st] Magic Sac Mac Control Panel Params

bam@sbc2.SGI.COM (Brian A. McClendon) (12/09/88)

In article <8812080811.AA26497@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, MARKS@HDETUD53.BITNET ("Roger Marks, MARKS@HDETUD53.bitnet") writes:

> I'd like to do something about the fact that the Mac Control Parameters
> are set to their default values each time I boot.  Actually, I don't mind it
> happening, as long as _I_ get to choose the defaults.  The question is how to
> get at them.  If they are stored in ROM, I give up.  But, if they are in some
> System file, then I ought to be able to get at them via ResEdit.  Does anyone
> have an idea of where to look?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roger
> MARKS@HDETUD53  (Technical University of Delft, The Netherlands)

The Mac stores all of those parameters in Non-volatile RAM.  They are read
in at boot and are written out when changed.  A friend of mine who has a
Mac had his NVRAM go bad, so he wrote an INIT that reads them in from
the system folder and writes them out when they get changed.  I never sent
it out because it did not work with sys2.0/finder4.1 on the Sac (worked
fine on the Mac).  But now that Spectre is out and most Sac-ers are using
4.0/5.3 anyway, I probably should send it out.  Its incredibly small, but
I don't know how to post Mac prgs to the net (and I don't currently have
access to the net from home).  Reply to me if you need it badly, otherwise
look for it on Genie, my BBS, or fnet (the FoReM network) soon.

Bloom County ST: 415-965-9340, 3/12/2400 baud, 24 hours/day
--

			- brian

Brian McClendon
uucp:  ...!uunet!sgi!bam
work:  415-335-1110

bam@sbc2.SGI.COM (Brian A. McClendon) (12/09/88)

> Bloom County ST: 415-965-9340, 3/12/2400 baud, 24 hours/day
> --
47474747474747474747

 Try 415-965-9347!

47474747474747474747