[comp.sys.atari.st] Posting to comp.sources.atari.st

aking@PEBBLES.BBN.COM (Allen King) (12/09/88)

I am about to post Raymovi2 (animated ray tracing) and Mandlbox 15 (interactive
mandlebrot) sources to comp.sources.atari.st. What is the standard way of
doing that from an arpa host? (is there a standard way?)

RSVP email, I will post the response, and then the arcs' are in the mail!

		Allen King

P.S: Thanks to the many people who responded to my request for arc on a Sun
workstation.

koreth@ssyx.ucsc.edu (Steven Grimm) (12/09/88)

In article <8812090001.AA08523@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> aking@PEBBLES.BBN.COM (Allen King) writes:

>I am about to post Raymovi2 (animated ray tracing) and Mandlbox 15 (interactive
>mandlebrot) sources to comp.sources.atari.st. What is the standard way of
>doing that from an arpa host? (is there a standard way?)

(I'm sending this via E-Mail as well, but it's general enough to warrant
posting, too)

To send something to the sources group, send mail to
atari-sources@ssyx.ucsc.edu.  PLEASE don't include both sources and
binaries in the same mailing, or arc the sources if you have access to
a "shar" program; arced sources (especially if they include binaries)
are a real pain to process, and I'm behind enough as it is.  I've just
started to clear out some of the backlog that's been sitting around for
a while, so now is a good time to submit something.

On a related note, the archive server on ssyx was down for a while,
but should be up and running now.  Send a message with "help" in the
body to archive-server@ssyx.ucsc.edu for more information.

---
These are my opinions, and in no way reflect those of UCSC, which are wrong.
Steven Grimm		Moderator, comp.{sources,binaries}.atari.st
koreth@ssyx.ucsc.edu	uunet!ucbvax!ucscc!ssyx!koreth