[comp.sys.atari.st] Bard's Tale II ????

Desaulniers.osbunorth@XEROX.COM (11/16/88)

I have recently seen Bard's Tale III for the Apple II.  This indicates to
me that Electronic Arts is more interested in producing new Apple II
versions than port existing ones to other computers (other than Commodore
64), namely Atari STs.  I really enjoyed Bard's Tale I and have been
looking forward (for a couple years now) for the release of Bard's Tale II
for the ST.

Does anyone know why Electronic Arts is not porting Bard's Tale II to the
ST?

Peter Desaulniers
Xerox Corp

news@tcr.UUCP (John B. Sobernheim) (11/23/88)

In article <881115-105701-3868@Xerox>, Desaulniers.osbunorth@XEROX.COM writes:
[content deleted]

> Does anyone know why Electronic Arts is not porting Bard's Tale II to the
> ST?

Peter,
	It's my understanding that Interplay does not have any interest
in working on products that EA has the rights to market and are
concentrating on marketing titles like Battle Chess, new for the Amiga,
under there own name.

--
John Sobernheim
The Computer Room, Denver

Desaulniers.osbunorth@XEROX.COM (12/10/88)

I have sent this message before but it was lost (at least to me) during the
virus snafu and I saw neither the posting to info-atari nor received any
replies.  But here it is again:

I have recently seen Bard's Tale III for the Apple II.  This indicates to
me that Electronic Arts is more interested in producing new Apple II
versions than port existing ones to other computers (other than Commodore
64), namely Atari STs.  I really enjoyed Bard's Tale I and have been
looking forward (for a couple years now) for the release of Bard's Tale II
for the ST.

Does anyone know why Electronic Arts is not porting Bard's Tale II to the
ST? Or any 16 bit computer for that matter.

Peter

peter@sugar.uu.net (Peter da Silva) (12/10/88)

In article <881209-110737-6586@Xerox>, Desaulniers.osbunorth@XEROX.COM writes:
> Does anyone know why Electronic Arts is not porting Bard's Tale II to the
> ST? Or any 16 bit computer for that matter.

Are you sure it's not out on the ST? It's out on the Amiga.

The original was better. This one has really dumpy graphics... I suppose
they just converted the bitmaps rather than redoing them for the Amiga.
--
		    Peter da Silva  `-_-'  peter@sugar.uu.net
		     Have you hugged  U  your wolf today?

	          Disclaimer: My typos are my own damn busines#!rne