[comp.sys.atari.st] GDOS / HP Deskjet Drivers

avp@garfield.MUN.EDU (Anthony Paul) (12/02/88)

I just got an HP Deskjet. (Great Printer), but, I have been using
it with Timeworks Desktop Publisher, and have the prg. configured
for HP LaserJet.  It works fine...if you have hours to wait for it
to print.  One pass takes approximately 30s.  My Dot Matrix was
much faster, And the iutput is much faster with PPartner.

Does anyone have a GDOS driver for this printer that could be
mailed to me or something?!

BTW, Timeworks DTP is pretty nice, but too much disk swapping for
my 1ds/dd and 4 megs.  You can set it up to run from a pseudo
harddisk as drive c (ram disk) though, with a little work.  The
prg. is then 100% more usable.

Anyway, I really need a useful driver for this printer, any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony Paul

avp@garfield.UUCP
avp@garfield.mun.cdn

Kim.Tan@p1004.f162.n221.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Kim Tan) (12/04/88)

 > Does anyone have a GDOS driver for this printer that could be
 > mailed to me or something?!
 >
 > Anyway, I really need a useful driver for this printer, any help
 > would
 > be greatly appreciated.

    Please send to me too, if someone sent you the GDOS driver for
    the HP LaserJet II printer. Thanks.

K Tan

--
 Kim Tan - via FidoNet node 1:221/162
     UUCP: ...!watmath!isishq!162.1004!Kim.Tan

snyderd@byuvax.bitnet (12/06/88)

NEOCEPT INC. SELLS A GDOS DRIVER CALLED TURBOCHARGER FOR THE HP DESKJET.
THEY ADVERTISE IT TO BE FAST. IT ALSO WORKS WITH OTHER PROGRAMS THAT
USE GDOS. THEIR ADDRESS IS :     NEOCEPT INC.
                                 908 CAMINO DOS RIOS
                                 THOUSAND OAKS, CA. 91630
                                 (800) 666-8766
GOOD LUCK!

stowe@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (holly) (12/13/88)

In article <288snyderd@byuvax.bitnet> snyderd@byuvax.bitnet writes:
 >NEOCEPT INC. SELLS A GDOS DRIVER CALLED TURBOCHARGER FOR THE HP DESKJET.
 >THEY ADVERTISE IT TO BE FAST. IT ALSO WORKS WITH OTHER PROGRAMS THAT
 >USE GDOS. THEIR ADDRESS IS :     NEOCEPT INC.
 >                                 908 CAMINO DOS RIOS
 >                                 THOUSAND OAKS, CA. 91630
 >                                 (800) 666-8766

Actually, I believe this is called TurboJet, not TurboCharger.  I think
TurboCharger was for Easy Draw.

We just got it in at the store today, although I haven't had time to read
the package even.  I believe it lists at $39.95.