[comp.sys.atari.st] Atari Laser Printer query

leilabd@cvaxa.sussex.ac.uk (Leila Burrell-Davis) (12/08/88)

I'm posting for a colleague who is having difficulties posting from his
machine. He can read the news and be e-mailed, though, so replies to
him.
Does anyone know of any better emulations (Epson, HP, etc.) than
the Diablo 630 for the Atari laser printer.  A guy at Silica Shop
in the UK said he has a pre-release version of an Epson emulator
as well as a pre-release Postscript emulator, but the output he
sent me shows it's not close to release yet.

Also, does anyone share our feelings here that the toner
cartridges for the Atari laser don't give anywhere near the rated
3,000 copies?  We've been asking people to note down how many
copies they print, but even allowing for under-reporting we don't
get much above 1500.  And no, these aren't graphics with lots of
black areas on the page; most pages are printed from First Word
Plus or are mainly-text files printed from Timeworks Desktop
Publisher.

Graham
-------------
Graham Thomas, SPRU, Mantell Building, U of Sussex, Brighton, BN1 9RF, UK
 JANET: grahamt@uk.ac.sussex.unx1  EARN/BITNET: grahamt@unx1.sussex.ac.uk
 ARPA:  grahamt%unx1.sussex.ac.uk@cunyvm.cuny.edu
 UUCP:  grahamt@unx1.uucp          Phone: +44 273 686758

poole@forty2.UUCP (Simon Poole) (12/15/88)

In article <540@cvaxa.sussex.ac.uk> leilabd@cvaxa.sussex.ac.uk (Leila Burrell-Davis) writes:
>I'm posting for a colleague who is having difficulties posting from his
>machine. He can read the news and be e-mailed, though, so replies to
>him.
>Does anyone know of any better emulations (Epson, HP, etc.) than
>the Diablo 630 for the Atari laser printer.

There is an Epson emulator that is distributed by Atari Switzerland
with the Atari laser printer, seems to work quite well (I think it
was originaly sold by DMC as LaserBrain).

UUCP:   ...mcvax!cernvax!forty2!poole			Simon Poole
BITNET: K538915@CZHRZU1A