[comp.sys.atari.st] Monitors compatible with Atari

easterb@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (William K. Karwin) (12/11/88)

In article <193@lakesys.UUCP> rich@lakesys.UUCP (Richard Dankert) writes:
> [ Gold Star and Hitachi Atari monitors have inherent problems. ]
> I personally have the JVC model and would not swith/change for the
> world. Had mine since 85, still sharp, clear, and no glare!
> rich.....
> UUCP:{ihnp4~uunet~marque~uwvax}!uwmcsd1!lakesys!rich

Wow!  Well, I'd like to ask where can I get a JVC monitor will for my Atari?
Or even a monitor that is as durable as a JVC...

I have wondered if there is something about the Atari monitors that
is incompatible with other RGB monitors on the market.  Is this true?
If I want to buy a non-Atari brand monitor, what do I need to look
for in terms of compatibility?  Any recommended brands or models?
William K. Karwin                 ARPA  : easterb@ucscb.ucsc.EDU
"Any nitwit can understand        UUCP  : ...!ucbvax!ucscc!ucscb!easterb
computers.  Many do." -T. Nelson  BITNET: easterb@ucscb.BITNET

susher@ucl-cs.UUCP (12/16/88)

From: susher@uk.ac.ucl.cs

The ST's RGB port is a standard analogue RGB port. I have connected a
Ferguson MC01 TV/monitor to mine with no difficulty. The points to watch
out for are:-

	(i)	The monitor must be able to display Analogue RGB
	(ii)	The monitor must have a loudspeaker (unless you want to
			use an external one with an amplifier)

I hope this will be helpful.

			Stephen Usher.