[comp.sys.atari.st] GFA Basic v 2.0

pa1132@sdcc15.ucsd.edu (pa1132) (12/15/88)

the latest issue of STart has GFA Basic V 2.0 on disk.  Since it is
almost like being free, perhaps Atari can think getting the right to
distribute GFA Basic V. 2 with every Atari ST instead of the
terrible ST BASIC.  This will help selling the ST.  Atari, what is
your opinion (Mr. Good)?

uli@rubmez.UUCP (Uli Liesenfeld) (12/16/88)

In article <801@sdcc15.ucsd.edu>, pa1132@sdcc15.ucsd.edu (pa1132) writes:

> Since it is
> almost like being free, perhaps Atari can think getting the right to
> distribute GFA Basic V. 2 with every Atari ST instead of the
> terrible ST BASIC.

In Germany Omikron Basic Rev. 3.0 is shipped with every Atari. Other
Atari owners can get it for 19.95 DM (~ 11.-$). While GFA has advantages
in graphic applications (very minor ones) Omikron is very strong in
mathematical applications. I even think of using it myself.

	    uli          ( <- Still Fortran hacker )

| Ulrich Liesenfeld    |        <uli@analyt.chemie.uni-bochum.dbp.de>      |
| Ruhr-Uni Bochum      |..unido!gmdzi!analyt.chemie.uni-bochum.dbp.de!uli  |
| 4630 Bochum          |    #define WARRANTY disclaimer                    |