[comp.sys.atari.st] Mega Roms > Eproms

al@tolerant.UUCP (Albert Palmer) (12/13/88)

Help!!!  I need to change my Mega so I can use 256k Eproms.  I now have
1meg roms, but the sockets are there for 256k roms.  I can see that
the jumpers in W3 and W4 need to be changed, but what else?  I've been
a tech for the last 20 years, so a quick list of what to do is all I
need.  Hurry because these new Eproms are burning a hole in the
static foam.  Just reply to the message.

Thanks,
Al Palmer

noid@olivej.atc.OLIVETTI.COM (The Pizza Terminator) (12/18/88)

In article <3163@tolerant.UUCP>, al@tolerant.UUCP (Albert Palmer) writes:
> Help!!!  I need to change my Mega so I can use 256k Eproms.  I now have
> 1meg roms, but the sockets are there for 256k roms.  I can see that
> the jumpers in W3 and W4 need to be changed, but what else?  I've been
> a tech for the last 20 years, so a quick list of what to do is all I
> need.  Hurry because these new Eproms are burning a hole in the
> static foam.  Just reply to the message.

I also find it interesting that listed in the Mega schematics, one
can see that it is (electrically) possible to put six 1 meg ROMs in.
Will this map correctly into the ST's memory map?

--Dean