[comp.sys.atari.st] Clio's anonymous ftp?

cs110@handel.ColoState.EDU (Instructor access) (12/31/88)

In a message about a month ago a user posted that the clio system (since
changed to MAN1 I belive) had an anonymous ftp login that could be used
to download from their atari database.  I used this once or twice after seeing
the message, but the login has since disappeared.  Does anybody know what
became of it?  They had a massive amount of Atari files that I would like
to use again.  Thanks for your help.

| cs110@handel.ColoState.EDU          "Peace Sells, But Who's Buying?"      |
|                                          -Dave Mustaine '87               |

kibo@pawl10.pawl.rpi.edu (James Parry) (01/01/89)

In article <909@ccncsu.ColoState.EDU> cs110@handel.ColoState.EDU (Instructor access) writes:
>In a message about a month ago a user posted that the clio system (since
>changed to MAN1 I belive) had an anonymous ftp login that could be used
>to download from their atari database.  I used this once or twice after seeing
>the message, but the login has since disappeared.  Does anybody know what
>became of it?  They had a massive amount of Atari files that I would like
>to use again.  Thanks for your help.

Same here.  I haven't been able to get through to clio, him1 (35.1.1.43),
or euterpe ((35.195.16.2) lately.  Clio and HIM1 won't let me login...

I saw a message on prep.ai.mit.edu that said that on the HIM the anonymous
login had been changed to 'PC7', but this doesn't seem to work either...

Does anyone know how to contact any of these hosts properly?

--
James "Kibo" Parry
userfe0n@rpitsmts (bitnet)

The Atari archive no longer exists on clio. Just use him1.cc.umich.edu.
(Yes, the machine was down for hardware upgrades over the holiday week,
but things should be back to normal soon. It will probably be down again
Monday the 2nd as well, for more upgrades.)

Log in as anonymous. Then change directory to PC7:, and you'll be OK.
--
  /
 /_ , ,_.                      Howard Chu