[comp.sys.atari.st] monocrome monitor problems

mrd@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Michael DeCorte) (01/01/89)

Hello,

Seems my monitor has gone on the fritz.  Looks like it lost vertical
sync.  All I get is a bunch of horizontal lines (I assume the picture)
connected by diagonal lines (I assume the retrace).

It started to flake out slowly, only giving problems when I really had
some work to do but now it gone.  It is one of the Goldstar's.  I was
hoping to find a crack someplace in the pcboard but no dice. (my cat
sort of threw in on the ground one day so it wasn't a bad guess)

Well, without prints I am hopeless.  Any ideas as to what may have
blown?  or maybe what the prints are for this thing so I can figure it
out myself? (I used to do this sort of thing, fixing Atari's and TV's
back in HS)

thanks

p.s. Where can I get the newest version of Uniterm?  I have v2.0c and
I assume that this is out of date.

--

Michael DeCorte // (315)265-2439 // P.O. Box 652, Potsdam, NY 13676
Internet: mrd@sun.soe.clarkson.edu  // Bitnet:   mrd@clutx.bitnet

rich@lakesys.UUCP (Richard Dankert) (01/02/89)

In article <MRD.89Jan1105242@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> mrd@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Michael DeCorte) writes:

>Hello,
>
>Seems my monitor has gone on the fritz.
>
>Well, without prints I am hopeless.  Any ideas as to what may have
>blown?  or maybe what the prints are for this thing so I can figure it
>out myself? (I used to do this sort of thing, fixing Atari's and TV's
>back in HS)

	Suggestion here;

	RE: GoldStar Monitors for Atari

	I would go to my local GoldStar servicing dealer and see if if
you can get your hands on a diagram for the GoldStar CMT chassis line.

	There all pretty much the same in that line. Anyways, don't bother
with the parts and part numbers, or the tuners, or the power supply for that
matter, but the scan circuits are pretty much the same. Part numbers arn't
but the rest should do.

	The Power supplys are different, but the MonoChrome monitor thay
make for Atari is a switching supply, so nothing big there. Tuners ? Who
cares, it doesnt use them.

	It's what I  have been using to figure them out.

	rich.....
	UUCP: rich@lakesys.lakesys.COM     {always .... }