[comp.sys.atari.st] Desk accessory editor

hcj@lzaz.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) (12/15/88)

re: a desk accessory mini editor

Compute magazine had one on disk in 1987.
It included both a .acc and a .c version.

Contact me directly if you cannot find this old magazine.

howard johnson
ATT-BL
lzaz!hcj

covertr@gtephx.UUCP (Richard E. Covert) (12/17/88)

In article <312@lzaz.ATT.COM>, hcj@lzaz.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) writes:
> re: a desk accessory mini editor
>
> Compute magazine had one on disk in 1987.
> It included both a .acc and a .c version.
>
> Contact me directly if you cannot find this old magazine.
>
> howard johnson
> ATT-BL
> lzaz!hcj

Another possibility is the GNOME.ACC desktop acessory. I don't remember where
I downloaded GNOME.ACC since I don't have a USENET account at home. I only
have access to usenet from work (on an Apollo workstation w/o a floppy dirve!).
Anyway, you could possibly find GNOME.ACC on GEnie. If it isn't on GEnie I could
upload it to GEnie.

Just let me know if you need me to upload GNOME.ACC to GEnie.

colas@mirsa.inria.fr (Colas NAHABOO) (01/06/89)

From article <404acaf6.14e07@gtephx.UUCP>, by covertr@gtephx.UUCP (Richard E. Covert):
> In article <312@lzaz.ATT.COM>, hcj@lzaz.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) writes:
>> re: a desk accessory mini editor
>>
>> Compute magazine had one on disk in 1987.
> Another possibility is the GNOME.ACC desktop acessory.

For those who prefer mouse-driven editors, there is YAP (Yet Another
Possibility) with a Public Domain MacWrite look-alike .ACC called New_Word
which I found on the him1.cc.umich.edu FTP server (login anonymous, cd PC7:)

It is the "Dec 11  1988 NEW_WORD.ARC" entry. I can mail it to people who don't
have FTP access.

Colas NAHABOO       -- BULL Research FRANCE -- Koala Project
                            (Kit d'Outils pour Atelier de Logiciels Avances)
    Internet:       colas@mirsa.inria.fr
Surface Mail:       Colas NAHABOO, INRIA - Sophia Antipolis,
                    2004, route des Lucioles, 06565 Valbonne Cedex -- FRANCE
 Voice phone:       (33) 93.65.77.71

klute%trillian.irb@unido.uucp (Rainer Klute) (01/06/89)

In article <94@mirsa.inria.fr> colas@mirsa.inria.fr (Colas NAHABOO) writes:
>For those who prefer mouse-driven editors, there is YAP (Yet Another
>Possibility) with a Public Domain MacWrite look-alike .ACC called New_Word
>
>I can mail it to people who don't
>have FTP access.

Please mail it to atari-binaries@ssyx.UCSC.EDU so that it will
be posted to comp.binaries.atari.st and a *lot* of people
around the world (me included) can profit from it.

  Rainer Klute                  ----   klute@irb.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
  Universitaet Dortmund, IRB    |)|/   klute@unido.uucp, klute@unido.bitnet
  Postfach 500500               |\|\   ...uunet!mcvax!unido!klute
D-4600 Dortmund 50              ----   Tel.: +49 231 7554663

braner@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Moshe Braner) (01/10/89)

[about NEW_WORD.ACC and other DA text editors]

One thing to check DA editors (and other accessories that access the disks)
for, is what happens when you change the current directory while the DA is
NOT active.  Does it later get confused when you, say, ask it to save the
file where it came from?  I havn't tried (don't have) NEW_WORD and it may
well do it OK, I just suggest caution.  GNOME.ACC (which I wrote) solves the
problem by converting all file names to complete pathnames.

- Moshe Braner