[comp.sys.atari.st] Hello STdNET folks!

venta@i2ack.UUCP (Paolo Ventafridda) (01/10/89)

Hello folks!
Until May 1988 i was on Citadel net as the "transatlantic" node STlog.
Is there anybody out there? Steve , orc ..?

Paolo Venta
--
Paolo Ventafridda     Via Ottoboni 6,20148 Milano - Italy      Tel.+392-4032432
EUnet:blue@altger  eucon:venta@i2ack   BANG:{pyramid,altger,tmpmbx}!i2ack!venta

trb@stag.UUCP ( Todd Burkey ) (01/11/89)

In article <90@i2ack.UUCP> venta@i2ack.UUCP (Paolo Ventafridda) writes:
>Hello folks!
>Until May 1988 i was on Citadel net as the "transatlantic" node STlog.
>Is there anybody out there? Steve , orc ..?

STdNET is still alive and well...but we've been all so tied up the
last few months that not much has been done on getting things
organized. Mostly my fault, since I need to test out the mail
connections to a whole slew of STdNET people scattered around the
world. Orc is back in the cities and can be reached at stag!pell!orc
on UUCP.

Our local network of ST's seems pretty stable. We are using Dale
Schumachers' UUMAIL software and have about 15 ST's accessing USENET
under stag. If anyone is interested in getting more info on UUMAIL or
STdNET, drop Dave Meile a line at stag!ftg!dwm. I promise to test out
the mail links to everyone as soon as I get the alpha version of my
folding editor done (the Unix version, anyway).

  -Todd Burkey   "A member of STdNET-The ST developers' Network"
   trb@stag.UUCP