[comp.sys.atari.st] HD fan tall tales

to_stdnet@stag.UUCP (01/12/89)

From: ardvar!krs@stag.UUCP (Kent Schumacher)

[goldman@ferris.cray.com (Matt Goldman) writes...]
> In article <2000@water.waterloo.edu>
>        ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) writes:
>
>>Now i have a Mega ST and my only complaint is the noise of the fan.
>

> I've got an old Supra.  The noise of the Mega ST's fan is *nothing*
> compared to the noise of my Supra hard drive.  When I turn my system
> on it sounds like something out of Battlestar Galactica.

I've got an old Supra and a custom built drive in an external drive case.
The Supra's noise isn't even close.  I'm trying to rig up a series of
baffles to direct the air flow around my house so I can turn off my puny
furnace fan... :^)

  - Kent Schumacher                  /* "A member of STdNET-         */
    krs@ardvar.UUCP                  /*  The ST developers network  */