[comp.sys.atari.st] mee'} too

scott@cs.odu.edu (01/14/89)

At ODU (check header) I use SUN workstations with either the standard
SUNTOOLS sunview window environment or X11 (I prefer X) [we have NeWS
but I really don't like it).  Anyway, I also am interested in ANY multi-
windowing invironment for the atari.  What I want to do is make my home
system more like the system I use at ODU.  I have received friendly
help and advice with a project that allows the mouse to have unique
functions assigned to pull down menus (like suntools .rootmenu ) and I
really apprecieted that help.

A few messages back I saw two notes in a row.... one about "UW" and one
about x10.  X10 sounds like the best bet, but I would LOVE information
on either--->  especially if there is a 1988 release of "UW"!

Thank you!
Scott

   Scott D. Yelich                              sdy@cs.odu.edu  [128.82.8.1]

georg@exunido.uucp (Georg A. M. Heeg) (01/15/89)

In article <7153@xanth.cs.odu.edu> scott@cs.odu.edu () writes:
>  Anyway, I also am interested in ANY multi-
>windowing invironment for the atari.  What I want to do is make my home
>system more like the system I use at ODU.

You might want to run the Real Think on all platforms: Smalltalk-80: The
multi-windowing environment. You can get it for Suns, Apollos, HPs,
80386-MSDOS, Macintoshs, Cadmusses, .... , and Ataris.

You can run your favourite Smalltalk-80 application and have a vt220
emulator connected to the host. All you need is a hard disk, monochrome
monitor and enough main memory (2 MB at least, 4 recommended).

If you are interested, contact us and/or ParcPlace systems (sales@ParcPlace.com)

Georg Heeg
Smalltalk-80 Systems
Baroper Str. 337