[comp.sys.atari.st] 4 Player adaptor needed for Gauntlet II and Leatherneck

dyer@math.lsa.umich.edu (Jon Brode) (01/22/89)

In article <13740@cup.portal.com> Xorg@cup.portal.com (Peter Ted Szymonik) writes:
>Your Atari dealer (if you have one) should be able to order the adapter
>for you - it runs about $15.  You could also try any one of the mail order
>houses that sell ST software.

Or, you could build your own. We have the instructions for it here
on PC7. The file is called 4adapt.arc, or something like that. It
is the only file that starts with a 4, you can't miss is. {ls 4?}

Jon Brode  --  dyer@math.lsa.umich.edu
 PC7 Moderator

In article <554@stag.math.lsa.umich.edu> dyer@math.lsa.umich.edu (Jon Brode) writes:
%In article <13740@cup.portal.com> Xorg@cup.portal.com (Peter Ted Szymonik) writes:
%>Your Atari dealer (if you have one) should be able to order the adapter
%>for you - it runs about $15.  You could also try any one of the mail order
%>houses that sell ST software.
%
%
%Or, you could build your own. We have the instructions for it here
%on PC7. The file is called 4adapt.arc, or something like that. It
%is the only file that starts with a 4, you can't miss is. {ls 4?}
%
%Jon Brode  --  dyer@math.lsa.umich.edu
% PC7 Moderator
%
One small note - the file we have has a typo (Yeah, I should correct it,
but it always slips my mind...). It refers to pin 26 of a 25 pin parallel
printer connector. Use pin 24.

This is a pretty simple "project" - just get a 25 pin and two 9 pin D-type
subminiature connectors, and about a 12 conductor cable. I got my parts
from Radio Shack, for maybe $5 total. If you've also got a printer, you
might consider getting an A-B switch box for that port too.

(Just to digress a bit...) My system looks a little crazy now... I have a
switch box for the printer port, one for my monitors, I'll have one for my
serial port, and probably for the floppy port too. (External 3" and 5"...)
And if you really want to be gross, a switch box for the mouse port. (I just
use joystick cable extenders [again, from Radio Shack], which work well
enough. All that matters is to be able to reach the connector...)
For the guts inside 'em, commercial switchboxes are a gyp, I think. Ah well.

--
  /
 /_ , ,_.                      Howard Chu