[comp.sys.atari.st] Uniterm & phone #s

U46050@UICVM.BITNET (JOHN ZAFIRIS) (01/19/89)

This may be a stupid question but here it goes:
Is there a way to make Uniterm (V2.0d (using it now as a matter of
fact)) load in the telephone number directory when it loads up?  I now
have to manually go to the menu screen and click.  Can the same process
be made automatic?  Do I hear the word script???

                                              thanks...   ...John

kis@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Kris Iskandar) (01/20/89)

In article <8901190305.AA00284@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> U46050@UICVM.BITNET (JOHN ZAFIRIS) writes:
>This may be a stupid question but here it goes:
>Is there a way to make Uniterm (V2.0d (using it now as a matter of
>fact)) load in the telephone number directory when it loads up?  I now
>have to manually go to the menu screen and click.  Can the same process
>be made automatic?  Do I hear the word script???
>
>                                              thanks...   ...John

Sure, you can.  You can store up to 10 number in a file called UNITERM.TEL
and when you start Uniterm it will be loaded automatically.  You can dial
any of the ten numbers by simply pressing the ALT key and the number.

--
|-^-~--v^v--^^~v~---^-- Kris Iskandar ---^-~~v^-v^---~--v^v^-~v^---~~v^^----
Electrical Engineering Dept. | INTERNET: kis@beach.cis.ufl.edu

jgj@hcx2.SSD.HARRIS.COM (01/25/89)

The entire mx2 posting did not make it to this nick of the woods.  Would
someone offer to mail it to me please? (Mail offers first please as I don't
really need ten copies of it :-).

Thanks,

jgj@ssd.harris.com <-- use this address

Jeffrey Glen Jackson _|_Satan jeered, "You're dead meat Jesus, I'm gonna
jgj@hcx2              |     bust you up tonight."
x5120                 | Jesus said, "Go ahead, make my day."
                  ~~~~~~~~~ -- Carman, "The Champion"