[comp.sys.atari.st] IDRIS, genlock queries

romwa@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Royal Ontario Museum) (01/21/89)

	Could some one explain what genlock facilities are
(now that they are here 8{) ).

	Also what is required to run IDRIS and what is the
address of the distributor?  There was some mention of
X-windows being supported and therefore the interest.

advTHANKSvance

Pavneet Arora
...!utgpu!rom!pavneet

Royal Ontario Museum
100 Queen's Park
Toronto, Ontario
M5S 2C6
(416) 586-5626

ftw@masscomp.UUCP (Farrell Woods) (01/24/89)

In article <1989Jan20.163043.22871@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> romwa@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Royal Ontario Museum) writes:

>	Also what is required to run IDRIS and what is the
>address of the distributor?  There was some mention of
>X-windows being supported and therefore the interest.

You can run Idris on a 520, 1040, or mega.  I understand that Idris with STX
(X-windows for the ST) will run on a 1040, but the mega is reccomended
because of the memory requirements of X.

You will need a hard disk to run Idris, and the package does come with
the necessary partitioning utilities so you can have TOS and Idris filesystems
on the same disk.

I'm running Idris on my 1040, but I don't have STX yet (I'm waiting for
my update...)

Idris for the ST is available from Computer Tools International.  I don't
have their current address, but I'm sure Skip from CTI can supply that,
as he reads this group.
--
Farrell T. Woods				Voice: (508) 692-6200 x2471
MASSCOMP Operating Systems Group		Internet: ftw@masscomp.com

rm@inmet (01/25/89)

Idris (a Unix-like operating system) is available from Whitesmiths Ltd.
at the following address:

	     Whitesmiths Ltd.
             733 Concord Ave.
             Cambridge MA. 02138