[comp.sys.atari.st] Laser driver for TeX and DVI files

jparker@watvlsi.waterloo.edu (James Parker) (01/26/89)

I have seen several postings about the screen previewer (DVIST) and
the Epson printer driver (DVIEPS) for the ST TeX port, but I can't
seem to find anyone mentioning a driver for a laser printer, either the
Atari or the HP LaserJet...

Right now the only way I have to print off the documents is to upload them
to work and use the printer there.

Does anyone know where I might find a driver that runs under GEM/TOS for
printing .DVI files on one of the above-mentioned laser printers??

Thanx in advance

James.

root@yale.UUCP (Celray Stalk) (01/28/89)

In article <4173@watvlsi.waterloo.edu> jparker@watvlsi.waterloo.edu (James Parker) writes:
>Does anyone know where I might find a driver that runs under GEM/TOS for
>printing .DVI files on one of the above-mentioned laser printers??

I recently purchased the TeX/LaTeX package from Tools GmbH,
Kessenicher Str. 108, 5300 Bonn 1, West Germany.  I bought TeX, LaTeX,
BibTeX, the screen previewer and printer driver that handles my Atari
SLM804 laser printer (among others), along with the necessary fonts to
run LaTeX.  It came with both a German language and an English
language manual.  Total cost was about 305 DM, or approximately $180.
Some of the pieces are priced separately, if for example you only
wanted the screen and printer driver (which are one and the same
program).

It works quite well, and I am very pleased with it.  Compared to TeX
implementations I have seen on other machines, this is quite a
bargain!
| Michael Fischer                                |
|    Arpanet:    <fischer-michael@cs.yale.edu>   |
|    Bitnet:     <fischer-michael@yalecs.bitnet> |
|    UUCP:       <fischer-michael@yale.UUCP>     |