[comp.sys.atari.st] Higher rez mode for ST

Friesen@PCO-MULTICS.HBI.HONEYWELL.COM (01/19/89)

Thomas Zeruch writes:

>To create something that did 16 million colors I would have to redo
>the hardware almost completely.

From what I know that seems true, however, there is a fourth resolution
that has been reserved for upgrades (I saw that in some documentation
about changing the modes) maybe it would be possable with this to access
seperate hardware that you added on instead of taking out current
hardware.

Just a thought.

Aric Friesen

Addresses:

Genie:  A.FRIESEN

ARPA:  Friesen%PCO@BCO-MULTICS.ARPA

Friesen@PCO-MULTICS.HBI.HONEYWELL.COM (01/30/89)

Thomas Zeruch writes:  >To create something that did 16 million colors I
would have to redo >the hardware almost completely.

From what I know that seems true, however, there is a fourth resolution
that has been reserved for upgrades (I saw that in some documentation
about changing the modes) maybe it would be possale with this to access