[comp.sys.atari.st] ST Documentations

kis@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Kris Iskandar) (01/30/89)

Hello, STers:

 I am new to this ST world, and need some suggestion from you ST gurus.

 Is there any good documentation on the ST such as Tech. manuals, Operating
 System manuals, etc.  I am interested in knowing the ST architecture, TOS,
 etc.

 How do I get the developer package for the ST?
 Thanks for the help.

--
|-^-~--v^v--^^~v~---^-- Kris Iskandar ---^-~~v^-v^---~--v^v^-~v^---~~v^^----
Electrical Engineering Dept. | INTERNET: kis@beach.cis.ufl.edu

ecs40hw036@minnie.ucdavis.edu (0000;0000046171;3200;250;205;ecs40hw) (02/02/89)

	Some of the best books for the ST come from Abacus, including ST
internals, ST Disk Drives, Machine language, Peek and Poke, and Intro to
MIDI programming.  Their address is:

5370 52nd St. SE              Phone: (616) 698-0330
Dept. TC
Grand Rapids, MI  49506

You can find most of their books at any Atari dealer.

You can get the Atari Developer's package and become an official software
developer for the ST by writing to:

Atari Corp.
1196 Borregas Ave,
Sunnyvale, CA  94086

juancho@dgp.toronto.edu (John Buchanan) (02/02/89)

In article <3592@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> ecs40hw036@minnie.ucdavis.edu (Andy) writes:

>	Some of the best books for the ST come from Abacus, including ST
>internals, ST Disk Drives, Machine language, Peek and Poke, and Intro to
>MIDI programming.  Their address is:

	Be warned that these books contain many bugs.  I remember wasting
a whole evening once because there was a typo in the internal's book.
As I recall it was a 0 where a 1 should have been.  Finally I dug through
the Atari docs and found the problem.  My Internal's book now has a big
red mark in it.
| Typical conversation on comp.[atari|amiga|mac].*		    |
My watch is better than yours.  It has multitasking, windows and
plays Old macdonald has a farm.  I will not listen to reason, of
course your watch is not as good as mine, in fact you are
silly for having bought it.  Sell it and buy my kind.
   o /
   o \
John W. Buchanan                  Dynamic Graphics Project
               			  Computer Systems Research Institute
(416) 978-6619			  University of Toronto
juancho@dgp.toronto.edu
juancho@toronto.CSNET
{allegra,cornell,decvax,ihnp4,linus,utzoo}!utdgp!juancho