[comp.sys.atari.st] Questions on Seagate Drives for ST

agrusow@exunido.uucp (Michail Agrusow + Michael Vishchers) (02/02/89)

Hello everyone.

Does anybody know if 5.25" disk drives from TEAC (FD55-GFR) with 1.2 MB
capacity may be used with the ST ? Can these drives read/write
360/720 K Disks ?

And another question :

Is there any experience with Seagate 4144R (122 MB RLL, 28 ms)
(e.g. connected via ICD-Hostadapter and Adaptec 4070 Controller) ???

These drives are not much more expensive than 80 MB drives from Seagate,
and I would like to use them for TOS and Minix.

Tnx for any answers. Please excuse my clumsy english.

/ Michael Vishchers                           | History repeats itself.\
| michaelV@owl.ls5.informatik.uni-dortmund.de | Has to.                |
| michaelV%owl.ls5@UNIDO.uucp                 | No one listens.        |
| (I think)                                   |        (steve turner)  |
\______________________________________________________________________/
/ Home address:: Frohnhauser Str. 233    D-4300 Essen 1    West-Germany\

hase@netmbx.UUCP (Hartmut Semken) (02/06/89)

In article <1004@laura.UUCP> agrusow@exunido.UUCP (Michail Agrusow + Michael Vishchers) writes:
>Hello everyone.
>
>Does anybody know if 5.25" disk drives from TEAC (FD55-GFR) with 1.2 MB
>capacity may be used with the ST ? Can these drives read/write
>360/720 K Disks ?

They do work.
Put her into F-mode (don't know the pin right now...) and connect her to
the ST.
The ST uses the same Shugart BUS, the PC uses (and almost all floppy
drives); just the connector is different.

hase
--
Hartmut Semken, Lupsteiner Weg 67, 1000 Berlin 37 hase@netmbx.UUCP
If there is something more important than my Ego, I want it caught and shot.