***** and this individual really wanted this information ***********
**** I installed these keyboard booster springs to upgrade**********
***** the feel of my 1040ST keyboard and I really liked them *******
**** BUT,  {{{THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT NOR AN ENDORSEMENT!!!}}}****

Here is the info you wanted:
  BRE Software
  352 W. Bedford Ave, Suite 104
  Fresno, CA  93711      (800)622-7942

Product is    "Megatouch"  Keyboard Springs  $12.95
they take Visa and M/C and will ship 2nd day UPS for $3.00!
Hope they work out for you as well as they did for me!

************ Thanks for your understanding Netlanders! ************

clf3678@ultb.UUCP (C.L. Freemesser) (02/04/89)

As for those MegaTouch keyboard springs..................
They are the PITS.
I bought them at the Toronto Atari Convention in November.
Installed them EXACTLY as they said to do.
Tried to type on them.
And could not.

The things either interfered with the keycaps, keeping the rubber cup
from making contact, or made an annoying clicking sound.  I had them out
faster than you could possibly believe.

I've done ALOT of experimentation with the ST keyboard, and have come to
the conclusion that they ONLY way to make the ST keyboard "professional"
is to replace the whole thing.  This means that either:

a) you build your own.
b) some smart 3rd party company markets a replacement.

=cf=
BITNET : %clf3678@RITVAXB
USENET:  Just reply to this messsage.

jlong@afit-ab.arpa (Jeffrey K. Long) (02/10/89)

In article <314@ultb.UUCP> clf3678@ultb.UUCP (C.L. Freemesser (709ITP)) writes:
>As for those MegaTouch keyboard springs..................
>They are the PITS.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  I guess we all have different expectations for $12.95
                     I like the way they make my keyboard feel.

>The things either interfered with the keycaps, keeping the rubber cup
  I personally have not had this problem.  My keyboard works just fine
with them installed.  Granted, I did hear some 'springy type noises'
after I first installed them, but after removing the offending keycap
and reinstalling the spring with the big end up instead of down, they made
no more noise.  Maybe there are different suppliers of keyboards, just as
there were different disk drive suppliers.  My ST is about 2.5 years old.

          If someone is as feed-up with spongy keys as I was, you will
          try anything!  Anyway, if you too are tired of your keyboard,
          it may be worth a try!