[comp.sys.atari.st] Finder/System folder

tran@titan (Andy-Cuong Tran) (02/17/89)

I just got Magic Sac 5.9.  I did not know I specifically needed
Finder 5.4 and system 3.2 to make Magic Sac work properly.  Can one
of you kind sole out there email these files to me.  Thank you in
advance.

tran@orion.arpa

jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu (John Dutka) (02/20/89)

In article <22014@ames.arc.nasa.gov> tran@titan (Andy-Cuong Tran) writes:
>I just got Magic Sac 5.9.  I did not know I specifically needed
>Finder 5.4 and system 3.2 to make Magic Sac work properly.  Can one
>of you kind sole out there email these files to me.  Thank you in
>advance.
>
>tran@orion.arpa

I don't think you should do that - they are copyrighted pieces of software,
and merely suggesting this is a violation of INTERNATIONAL copyright laws.
Please remember you are on a national forum here...

+--------------------------+-------------------------------------------------+
| John A. Dutka  (jdutka)  | You've heard of the SI system of units, and the |
| WPI    		   | British system of units, well, now, we've got   |
| 100 Institute Road       | the WPI System of Units (WSU).  More later.     |
| Box 2308                 +-------------------------------------------------+
| Worcester, MA 01609-2280 |      BITNET: jdutka@wpi.bitnet                  |
| United States of America |    INTERNET: jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu                 |
| (508) 792-1949           | USENET/UUCP:                                    |
+--------------------------+-------------------------------------------------+

scott@lilac.cs.odu.edu (Scott Yelich) (02/21/89)

|In article <909@wpi.wpi.edu> jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu (John Dutka) writes:
|>In article <22014@ames.arc.nasa.gov> tran@titan (Andy-Cuong Tran) writes:
|>>I just got Magic Sac 5.9.  I did not know I specifically needed
|>>Finder 5.4 and system 3.2 to make Magic Sac work properly.  Can one
|>>of you kind sole out there email these files to me.  Thank you in
|>>advance.
|>>
|>>tran@orion.arpa
|>

|>I don't think you should do that - they are copyrighted pieces of software,
|>and merely suggesting this is a violation of INTERNATIONAL copyright laws.
|>Please remember you are on a national forum here...

In an attempt to avoid this situation..   I, too, just received my Mac Sac.
I DO need a finder/system disk... how do I get one of these LEGALLY?

Xorg@cup.portal.com (Peter Ted Szymonik) (02/21/89)

Actually, Apple's System/Finder are readily available from every major
information network for the price of a download.  But it must be stressed
that such a download is subject to accepting Apple's License which must
be read and accepted as part of the download.  But I will make no
recommendation on mailing the System Tools to someone, you should be
able to find them at any User Group or Apple dealer (many of which will
let you copy to update your present System/Finder combo.)

Pete

laba-2he@web-3c.berkeley.edu (Oliver Juang) (02/23/89)

Apple allows its dealers and online services like CompuServe to make System
and Finder available at no cost other than what it costs to call CompuServe
and the time spent downloading.

Lawrence Y. Chiu; University of California, Berkeley.